SureShot™ Control Center Software (SSCC™) Version 5
APS Technology's SureShot Control Center software enables drilling service providers to perform every step of an MWD / LWD job from intuitive, workflow-oriented graphical user interfaces, including:
- Tool Configuration
- Tool Verification
- Downhole and Surface Data Collection, Database Storage, Correction, Transforms and Time-Depth Correlation
- Raw, Filtered and FFT Standpipe Sensor Display
- Real Time Local and RFD Data and Alarms Display
- Post-run Data Download and Processing
- Report and Log Generation
- Data Import and Export
APS Technology's SureShot Control Center version 5 (SSCC™ v5) brings important new functions to our time-proven SureShot suite of MWD / LWD operating software, to help make your drilling services more competitive than ever before.
Among the new capabilities added in this release:
Full support for our SIU 2 next-generation surface system.
Our integrated plotting package with easy-to-use graphical user interface now offers up to 8 tracks per log.
This package allows the user to quickly configure and plot API RP 31A compliant* logs based on Measured Depth (MD), True Vertical Depth (TVD) and time scales. Configured header and log formats and styles can be stored as templates, separate from the log data, so that identical log presentations can be easily applied to all data sets for specific customer or situations. Log and templates can be created using SI (metric) or English units.†
SSCC GUI Windows
SSCC v5 now displays even more data to help you make good decisions faster, including:
- Support for the integrated Vibration Memory Module feature in our MWD Master Controller, including new enhanced vibration memory file types.
- A new Vibration Sensors screen which enables configuration and administration of all vibration sensors used on a job (e.g., VMM, VMS or AVD).
- A new Vibration Action window which displays parameters of interest for analyzing vibration problems.
- A new Standpipe Sensor window which shows the raw standpipe signal going into the SIU 2's mud pulse decoding input.
- An integrated Decoding Configuration screen that displays the Master Controller format table and the SIU Format table. This screen is also used to send the encoding settings and format table to SIU 2.
SSCC v4 Introduced...
SSCC v4 introduced improved potassium, hole size and mud weight corrections for more accurate natural gamma measurements.
Mud Pulse Word Scaling
SSCC v4 introduced re-scaled and shortened toolface, gamma and WPR™ phase resistivity words to optimize real-time measurement accuracy and telemetry speed. The toolface word is now 6 bits, down from 8; the gamma word is now 8 bits, down from 12 and the WPR phase words are now 10 bits, down from 12. The shortened words allow APS's RLL (1,7) coding scheme to be used more efficiently. These changes, combined, result in a 20 to 30% improvement in data update rates on DG and DG + WPR jobs.
WPR Data Memory
SSCC v4's release marked the migration of WPR stored raw data words from 12 bits to 16 bits, delivering improved processed log resolution in some hole sections.
- * Standard Form for Hardcopy Presentation of Downhole Well Log Data; API Recommended Practice 31A
- † A 30-day free trial version of APSPlot will soon be available for download online.
TOP OF PAGE // Specifications subject to change without notice.