Engineering Solutions for Harsh Environments®
APS is focused on satisfying its clients’ needs, regardless of project size. If you have a gap in your internal resources or a need to improve your engineering capability, contact us today.
APS built a Drilling Test Facility at our Wallingford, CT headquarters for:
- Customer training for rigsite drill string assembly, tool configuration and data retrieval, tool operation in-hole, and surface system operation
- APS design qualification testing and continuous improvement
APS’s DMLS (Direct Metal Laser Sintering) rapid prototyping workflow enables quick-turn additive manufacturing of metal components based on a customer’s 3D CAD file. Parts up to 9.85 x 9.85 x 12.8 in. (250 x 250 x 325 mm) can be rendered from ultrafine powders into a variety of alloys, including Stainless Steel GP1 (US 17-4; DIN 1.4542) and Inconel 718.
Our Materials Analysis Lab offers a full quick-turn sample preparation and analysis workflow for all your metallurgical qualification and forensic needs.
Our small, agile project teams can manage everything from simple designs to full-scale, multidiscipline programs.
Our experienced team of designers handles projects at all stages of the product life cycle, including:
- Conceptual and Feasibility Studies
- System Design
- Design Drawings and Documentation
- Product Development
- Assembly and Maintenance Procedures
- Product Performance Evaluation
- Reliability Optimization
Using the latest in design tools for:
- Solids Modeling
- 2-D CAD
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Pre- and Post-processing
APS can optimize designs and performance using a wide range of analytical tools for:
- Structural Analysis
- Vibration and Dynamics
- Thermal Analysis
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Fatigue Analysis
APS has experience in many fields, including:
- Nuclear and Electromagnetic Sensors
- Geophysical Measurements
- Sealing Systems
- Thermoelectric Cooling
- Strain Gauge Instrumentation
- Load Testing
- Fatigue Testing and Accelerated Life Testing
Our well-equipped facility specializes in the assembly of electromechanical modules and the machining of complex high-technology components. Manufacturing is integrated into the total product development program to ensure a rapid turnaround schedule. Click here for our detailed manufacturing capabilities.
- Building of pilot to full-scale production runs
- Advanced CNC, as well as conventional machining equipment
- Tight tolerances and high quality meet the standards of oilfield and aerospace clients
- Custom Test Equipment
- Turnkey Systems