APS has been designing, developing and manufacturing precision, state-of-the-art products for the oil and gas drilling industry for more than 20 years. APS products are engineered and manufactured to the strictest of standards to ensure their reliability, dependability and durability in harsh environments. APS also provides product development services and proprietary products to customers worldwide. Our services include:
Why Choose APS?
Leverage our extensive experience, proven manufacturing methods and modern, versatile equipment to maximize your production efficiency without capital expense. APS is a premier source for these services not only for the oilfield industry, but also for other markets where precision, quality and on-time delivery are required.
Machine Shop Snapshot
- 60,000+ sq. ft. modern machine shop in Wallingford, CT
- Extensive fleet of equipment, from small model shop to large Integrex multi-axis machining centers
- A comprehensive array of capabilities available under one roof for superior process and quality control
- Diverse, highly qualified Quality Engineering and Inspection team; state-of-the-art testing equipment
- Fully equipped clean room and lab
- Extremely experienced, stable workforce
- Longstanding relationships with a diverse stable of suppliers
- More information on our precision CNC machining services
- Milling large bar stock up to 30 ft. long and 18 in. OD with complex deep-hole drilling (wireways for hatch-mounted electronics, etc.)
- Manufacturing small, intricate parts and components – low and high volume
- Design engineering, product development, rapid prototyping, contract assembly, testing and other services are available
APS’s DMLS rapid prototyping workflow enables quick-turn additive manufacturing of metal components based on a customer’s 3D CAD file. Parts up to 9.85 x 9.85 x 12.8 in. (250 x 250 x 325 mm) can be rendered from ultrafine powders into a variety of alloys including Stainless Steel GP1 (US 17-4; DIN 1.4542) and Inconel 718. Ideal for extremely complex geometries, including free-form surfaces, deep grooves and 3D cooling channels. Click here for details.
Inspection & Quality Assurance
APS’s Quality Engineering and Inspection staff is highly experienced in the oilfield and commercial industries, with capabilities that extend across many other applications.
- Inspection instrumentation calibrated by an ISO 17025-registered calibration house
- Capable of inspecting products to ASME Y14.5-2009 Dimensioning & Tolerancing Standard and performing Fluorescent Particle Inspection (FPI)
Contract Assembly – Complex electro-mechanical assemblies, downhole sensor assemblies, etc.; fully equipped clean room and lab
Testing Equipment & Capabilities – Drilling test facility; flow loop; high-pressure testing; non-magnetic D&I sensor calibration facility and Helmholtz coil; electrodynamic shaker table/oven; HALT/HASS chambers; non-conductive oven; resistivity test tanks; strain gauge instrumentation; structural, shock, thermal and fatigue testing; and much more