Optimize well placement. Improve production.
At-bit inclination and image gamma ray tool
Operating directly behind the drill bit, the iPZIG at-bit inclination and gamma ray tool provides real-time measurements that reduce directional drilling risk in critical hole sections. The early indication of changes in lithology, delivered by the gamma ray log, helps to accurately land horizontal wells.
Designed to operate as two separate subs, a lower sub, located directly above the drill bit, acquires data and transmits data to the upper sub, located above the drilling mud motor. The upper sub provides communication to measurement/logging-while-drilling systems.
The iPZIG can accommodate flexible bottomhole assembly (BHA) designs, and is compatible with any drilling mud motor. iPZIG provides the closest to the bit sensor offsets available in the industry and is the only tool to provide both gamma and inclination at the bit. These measurements are used to help determine well path placement and determine position in real-time while drilling.
The iPZIG sub is an accurate, cost effective geosteering solution whether drilling for optimum reservoir drainage, setting casing, or just to determine position real-time while drilling.
Features & Benefits
- Inclination and natural gamma ray measurements situated at the bit
- Azimuthal natural gamma ray image measurements at bit
- Wireless electromagnetic communication between upper and lower subs with data transmitted real-time via SureShot MWD system
- Compatible with positive displacement motors and rotary steerable tools
- Stand-alone battery operated electronics
- Compatible with all mud types
- Optimal well placement in reservoirs
- Accelerated production
- Reduced well tortuosity and dogleg severity
- Early bed boundary detection
- Real-time geosteering
- Horizontal, ERD, and directional drilling
- Steering within formations with dipping beds
- Casing point selection by detecting formation changes at the bit
- Continuous inclination
SureLog iPZIG Technical Data Sheet
iPZIG 475 Mechanical Specifications
iPZIG 675 Mechanical Specifications
iPZIG 800 Mechanical Specifications