Real-time data when you need it most - under pressure
WPR™ Resistivity Pressure While Drilling Sensor
APS’s SureLog™ Pressure While Drilling (PWD) sensor for WPR™ measures annular and drill pipe pressures in 4.75, 6.75 and 8.0 in. (121, 172 and 204 mm) WPRs. Captured data may be transmitted in real time via APS’s SureShot™ MWD/LWD system, or stored in downhole memory for later download and analysis. Real-time data or pressure alarms may be transmitted via SureShot MWD.
Assess the optimum pressures required within narrow fracture and pore pressure windows
while facilitating early detection of fluid influx and lost circulation.
Features & Benefits
- Measurement and real-time monitoring of hydrostatic and dynamic circulating fluid pressures for balanced, managed pressure drilling (MPD) and underbalanced drilling (UBD).
- Real-time annular and bore pressure measurements help assess the optimum pressures required within narrow fracture and pore pressure windows.
- Real-time determination of equivalent circulating density (ECD) for hole cleaning, swab and surge pressures for borehole stability and BHA pressure loss.
- Timely annular, bore and differential pressure readings facilitate early detection of fluid influx and lost circulation.
- For use with 4.75, 6.75 and 8.0 in. (121, 172 and 204 mm) WPR tools.
- Managing downhole pressures
- Maintaining formation and borehole integrity
- Managing hydraulics programs
- Supporting early detection programs
SureLog-WPR-PWD Technical Data Sheet
|Annular Pressure||0 - 20 kpsi (137.9 MPa)||±0.1% of FSR|
|Drill Pipe Pressure||0 - 20 kpsi (137.9 MPa)||±0.1% of FSR|
|Resolution||1.0 psi (6,895 Pa)|
|Local Temperature Compensation||Yes|
|Data Sampling Rate||5 seconds total (annular + drill pipe)|
|Data Storage||Raw and compensated data are time-stamped and stored in SureShot memory.|
|Operating Temperature||-13˚ to 347˚F (-25˚ to 175˚C)|
|Maximum Pressure||20 kpsi (137.9 MPa)|