Confidently assess the optimum pressures required
within narrow fracture and pore pressure windows
MWD Pressure While Drilling Sensor
AAPS’s MWD Pressure While Drilling (PWD) sensor measures annular and drill pipe pressures in all collar sizes. Captured data may be transmitted in real time via APS’s SureShot™ MWD/LWD system, or stored in downhole memory for later download and analysis. Real-time data or pressure alarms may be transmitted via SureShot.
Measurement and real-time monitoring of hydrostatic and dynamic circulating fluid pressures allows for superior balanced, managed pressure drilling (MPD), and underbalanced drilling (UBD).
Features & Benefits
- Measurement and real-time monitoring of hydrostatic and dynamic circulating fluid pressures supports balanced, managed pressure drilling (MPD) and underbalanced drilling (UBD).
- Real-time annular and bore pressure measurements help assess the optimum pressures required within narrow fracture and pore pressure windows.
- Real-time determination of equivalent circulating density (ECD) for hole cleaning, swab and surge pressures for borehole stability, plus BHA pressure loss.
- Timely annular, bore and differential pressure readings facilitate early detection of fluid influx and lost circulation.
- Managing downhole pressures
- Maintaining formation and borehole integrity
- Managing hydraulics programs
- Supporting early detection programs
SureShot-PWD Technical Data Sheet
|Annular Pressure||0 - 20 kpsi (137.9 MPa)||±0.1% of FSR|
|Drill Pipe Pressure||0 - 20 kpsi (137.9 MPa)||±0.1% of FSR|
|Resolution||1.0 psi (6,895 Pa)|
|Local Temperature Compensation||Yes|
|Data Sampling Rate||5 seconds total (annular + drill pipe)|
|Data Storage||Raw and compensated data are time-stamped and stored in SureShot memory.|
|Operating Temperature||-13˚ to 347˚F (-25˚ to 175˚C)|
|Maximum Pressure||20 kpsi (137.9 MPa)|