APS’s SureShot Control Center version 5 (SSCC™ v5) brings important new functions to our time-proven SureShot suite of MWD / LWD operating software to help make your drilling services more competitive than ever before. Among the new capabilities added in this release:
SIU 2 MWD Surface System
Full support for our SIU 2 next-generation surface system.
Our integrated plotting package with easy-to-use graphical user interface now offers up to 8 tracks per log. This package allows the user to quickly configure and plot API RP 31A compliant* logs based on Measured Depth (MD), True Vertical Depth (TVD) and time scales. Configured header and log formats and styles can be stored as templates, separate from the log data, so that identical log presentations can be easily applied to all data sets for specific customer or situations. Log and templates can be created using SI (metric) or English units.†
SSCC GUI Windows
SSCC v5 now displays even more data to help you make good decisions faster, including:
- Support for the integrated Vibration Memory Module feature in our MWD Master Controller, including new enhanced vibration memory file types.
- A new Vibration Sensors screen which enables configuration and administration of all vibration sensors used on a job (e.g., VMM, VMS or AVD).
- A new Vibration Action window which displays parameters of interest for analyzing vibration problems.
- A new Standpipe Sensor window which shows the raw standpipe signal going into the SIU 2’s mud pulse decoding input.
- An integrated Decoding Configuration screen that displays the Master Controller format table and the SIU Format table. This screen is also used to send the encoding settings and format table to SIU 2.
* “Standard Form for Hardcopy Presentation of Downhole Well Log Data;” API Recommended Practice 31A.
† A 30-day free trial version of APSPlot may be downloaded from APS’s website. Please contact us for details.